Saturday, October 3, 2015

Unit 1 Reflection

The first unit was certainly interesting all things considered. It is during this time that my blog was created, and it is my first blog ever. It will be something that I'm likely to remember for years to come. A lot of firsts came from this unit: first time using blogger, first time creating a cluster plot, etc....  The unit is my first time writing an internet genre, it probably showed, and as a result I have learned a fair amount regarding using hyperlinks in such assignments. Because the unit was about analyzing rhetoric, I have learned and greatly improved my understanding on how people use rhetorics and how to spot their use of rhetorics.

Speaking about how people are communicating, I noticed how that people in my chosen subject, human enhancement, are using some common trends in their arguments. A very common trend was using logic and quoting other credible people, which appeared in nearly all of my applicable sources that are in the final annotated bibliography post (obviously a source that is a painting in a web gallery won't have an argument. If you doubt me you're welcome to try and find a valid argument being made on the listed source.) In regards to the form of their communications, a good majority of the material I found were scholarly essays and articles from news site.
Source: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/byways/photos/62736

Its embarrassing to admit but a rather large flaw in my writing was pointed out to me. The flaw being that I tend to be wordy and add unneeded sentences to a paragraph. (I'm probably still doing that and not noticing to be honest.) I've never been good at self-appraising my strengths in my writing, but I believe that I did the hyperlinking correctly at least, I'm pretty sure that I included links to all relevant source material, as well as thing that my audience might be interested in. I can definitely improve what sentences I add to my works, since that was a major problem I had in the assignment. Also, writing down analysis of the rhetoric used could definitely use some work (I felt like it was severely lacking a day later.) But to some up the most important thing that I learned. Make sure what I'm writing actually answers the prompt. Having to rewrite the entire paper to account for that mistake was not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment