Saturday, October 31, 2015

Initial Thoughts about the Audience for my Argument

I have given some thought on the audience for what I've been thinking about doing for project 3. The first idea for an engineering related topics has an audience that can only be determined/analyzed once I have decided on a topic. However, there will probably be some similar trends for the audiences. The stakeholders will all likelihood include major investors in the subject, as well as the people working on it. The ideal audience will include people, that might not be aware of the subject so they will definitely not know that much about it, and would require some basic knowledge on the matter to be included in the presentation. Besides from the ideal audience the rest of the class in attendance and Dr. Bell will definitely encounter my argument. The people hostile to it will be those that appose the subject of my argument.
Source: https://pixabay.com/en/theater-seating-audience-105573/

For the idea of supporting GMO's I can answer the prompt questions from Dr. Bell's blog post. The people that would be impacted by this issue would be those that consume any food, which contains GMOs, GMOs fed livestock, and GMO organisms. Major stakeholders are primarily interests groups for and against GMOs, as well as large companies that have major stock in GMOs. The interest groups that I mentioned have several beliefs depending on the group. Some believe that GMOs are dangerous and  shouldn't be used/studied at all. Others think that GMOs are a good thing, but caution should be used when using them. My ideal audience would be on the fence of the matter, relatively unaware of what GMOs are capable of. They will need to know common arguments for and against GMOs and-possibly-a definition of GMO's, all of which I will probably include in my argument. And as stated in the above paragraph, My 109H class and professor, Dr. Bell, will also be encountering my argument. The people that will be hostile to my argument will be those against GMOs (or they just don't like me and/or my presentation).

No comments:

Post a Comment