Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Proposed Public Argument Ideas

Im still unsure of how what I want to do, But I have somewhat narrowed it down. And while I am not sure on what I want the subject to be, I am pretty sure that I will end up with a powerpoint presentation, since it would provide a visual for the audience to follow along with.
Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dominicspics/3399122947
A stump because I'm slightly stumped on what to choose

First thought was to do something in the engineering field that I am passionate about, but I have a hard time finding any arguments that I care about.  The audience, message, and purpose would all depend on what I decide to do. However, it will probably be an argument  for rather than against. The purpose will probably also be to inform and persuade the unaware/on the fence people to side with what I'm arguing for.

My backup idea if I can't pick something would be to make an argument supporting GMOs, since that has been a topic of debate that I have been interested in for a long time. The purpose of the argument is to persuade/inform people who might not know about the good that GMOs can do. The actual audience that is going to be seeing this would be my fellow classmates and Dr. Bell, although the ideal target audience would be people who are on the fence when it comes to GMOs or don't know too much about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment