Saturday, December 5, 2015

Graded Blog Post 36

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/opensourceway/5556249000
Here are my answers to the five questions asked on page 246 in A Student's Guide to First-Year Writing 36th Edition.


  1. "What type(s) of writer do you consider yourself to be?"
    1. I would consider myself to be a hybrid of the procrastinator (a habit I plan on changing) and heavy revisers type of writers, as well as dash of the heavy planners, since I tend to think about what I am going to write in between classes.
  2. "Have you Changed your process to Incorporate approaches from different writer identities?'"
    1. I'm a tad bit confused about what a writer identities is. If it means my classmates then the answer is no. If it means Dr. Bell, than I did try and incorporate a priority rankings in what I do.
  3. "In what ways has your approach to writing changed because of a particular assignment, activity, or concept you have learned?
    1. I had learned from the first assignment to pay much closer attention to the explanation of my quotes, since they tended to be more summary than analysis.
  4. "What does you writing process look like? Has it shifted throughout the course of the semester? Does it change for different writing situations?"
    1. It primarily goes like this type draft than send out the draft to trusted editors that ends with my revising based on what I see and what the editors responded with.
    2. The process has shifted in such a way that what the editors say has had less of an impact on my paper. Consequently, I have been relying more on self-revision as time has gone by.
    3. If it is really really big, I would send it out to be revised multiple times.
  5. "Did you try any new or different approaches to writing this semester? What Worked? What didn't work? What might you try in future writing situations"
    1. The only new or different approach was the cluster mapping. and I found that particular method to not be as helpful to me. I may just get over the anxiety I have of being judged by strangers and sign up for writing help.

No comments:

Post a Comment